SomaLogic, Inc. Supply Chain Specialist in Boulder, Colorado
SomaLogic is a privately-owned bio-information company that developed SomaScan®, a revolutionary proteomics platform technology capable of measuring thousands of different human proteins in a single small blood or other type sample. We are a dedicated team of cross functional professionals now moving towards commercializing the health-related information derived from our platform to help people worldwide proactively manage their health. As a part of our commercialization effort, we are seeking additional Supply Chain expertise to join our dedicated team and help us realize that vision.
We are currently looking for a Supply Chain Specialist to develop, maintain and enhance the Operations product production plans and procure the required raw materials/reagent formulations/filled products/finished goods from internal Manufacturing to ensure approved inventory targets and service levels are achieved. This position will lead supply chain planning operations for several locations and departments within the organization, including supporting a laboratory environment. Level commensurate with experience.
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Maintain accuracy of all planning and purchasing master data for assigned products to ensure valid and accurate MRP output. Maintain the inventory level of purchased materials and revise product masters as changes in usage or supply occur.
· Coordinate and consolidate all product and material demand sources to effectively build a Master Production Schedule in line with production capacity.
· Effectively communicate requirements and schedule activities to effectively utilize available resources across multiple work centers.
· Coordinate cycle counting activities and process improvements to achieve a high-count accuracy.
· Monitor inventory and replenishment levels to achieve inventory targets, production mix flexibility and minimize excess and obsolescence.
· Create, issue, and maintain purchase orders for assigned products. Work with suppliers, manufacturing, logistics, and accounts payable to resolve shipment and invoice discrepancies in a timely manner.
· Review and provide inputs on master supply agreement and ensure adherence to its terms and conditions.
· Hold regular meetings with external and internal suppliers to discuss latest forecast or delivery plans/shipment schedules, supply delay or risks.
· Participate and/or serve as Supply Chain representative on assigned company projects. Leads and participates in departmental or cross functional process improvement programs.
Bachelor’s Degree – major in business, engineering, supply chain, or science is preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
Skills and experience
4 years of experience in ERP, Supply Chain Planning System software experience with Buyer/Planner, Production Planning and Master Planning roles in manufacturing or operations required.
Demonstrated ability to create solutions for multi-mode manufacturing and planning processes
Leverage underlying product/process knowledge to quickly assess changes, understand implications and determine solutions
Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, proven ability to multi-task effectively
Ability to build effective relationships and influence people.
Knowledge and experience using computerized ERP/Inventory management system required
Strong communication and presentation skills
Demonstrated ability to illustrate complex issues to peers and management teams in a clear and concise manner
Must have good organizational, planning, prioritizing and customer service skills
APICS – CPIM/CSCP preferred
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Physical Demands / Surroundings – Works in an office setting under desirable conditions with few or no disagreeable features.
May need to lift object up to 30 pounds on a limited basis.
The individual may be required to enter production support areas.