Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Director, Logistics in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging, which delivers more than just a cold drink. We pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Director, Logistics, will have responsibility for leading both operational and cross functional teams to develop strategies to improve operational effectiveness and reduce costs within the region.
- Designs strategies and a supply chain for future effectiveness in the spaces of logistics and warehousing. Guides teams to effectively capture identified opportunities.
- Be well versed, with extensive experience in national supply chain and distribution issues, including market issues and headwinds that could affect a consumer packaging company.
- Tasked to upgrade the skill set, effectiveness, and efficiency within the department, through people development, process improvement and expansion of technology.
- Works closely with the Director of Supply Planning, direct reports, and the Logistics Sourcing team to develop and implement long-term strategy for supply chain improvement and deliver improved operating results.
- Involves collaboration with our customers, through identification of waste, working through the Sales team, and implementing opportunities for shared cost savings.
- Responsible for defining the strategic direction and ensuring the day to day achievement of the supply chain deliverables.
- Has co-responsibility for national / local tender processes, vendor selection & management and development of future models of collaboration.
- Steers the team and 3rd party service provider toward load optimization and carrier strategy compliance via proper utilization of our TMS.
- Has experience with NAFTA, imports/exports, and working within Mexico for both domestic and export distribution.
- Establishes budgets for the function and implements the necessary controls to keep expenditures within budgetary limitations and is responsible for execution of opportunity targets.
- Fosters a winning culture and process driven environment, to motivate a team to deliver success consistently.
- Requires travel to many plant and warehouse locations.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience. Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain/Logistics or related field and extensive experience in leadership positions in a manufacturing environment that has implemented and sustained Lean activities within Supply Chain preferred.
- Prefer knowledge and experience in consumer packaging industry, food or beverage distribution. Other industries with national, just in time delivery models will also be considered.
- 10-15 years of progressively increasing managerial experience in Operations and Supply Chain or in combination with consulting experience.
- Have extensive and detailed knowledge of US transportation, customs requirements and import / export within NAFTA countries.
- Experience in developing relationships and motivating teams.
- Experience in establishing and leading Supply Chain programs in conjunction with IT and business teams.
- Demonstrated organizational development and personnel management skills.
- Excellent communication: Written (presentations and written note) and verbal (focus on key issues and relate to audience).
- Extensive project management experience being able to plan, control and implement global supply chain projects on time and within budget.
- Experience of working with an extensive SKU and customer base and an understanding of the complexity expected.
- Experience working across all levels of an organization.
- Experience driving performance through metrics and use data to drive continuous process improvement.
Ability to travel 30%
Relocation for this position is Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Director, Logistics
Job ID: 664108
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time