Air National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) PRODUCTION CONTROLLER (AUTOMOTIVE) in Buckley AFB, Colorado
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a PRODUCTION CONTROLLER (AUTOMOTIVE), Position Description Number D1705000 and is part of the CO 140 LRS, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
Develops, manages and implements daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly operational and maintenance plans for assigned general and special purpose vehicles and a variety of equipment. Performs analysis on a wide range of production indicators to assist in improving productivity or in determining causes of production delays. Manages the registered vehicle fleet for the Stock Record Account Number (SRAN) to include Geographically Separated Units (GSU's). Manages Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) program. The incumbent acts as the primary source of expertise for material control, to include ordering parts and equipment items through SBSS and tool inventory of tool crib and composite tool kits (CTK's)annually. Conducts training for assigned military personnel. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
1152 Production Control
Conditions of Employment
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Membership in the Colorado Air National Guard or eligible to transfer or re-enlist into the COANG.
- Must hold the grade of E-4 thru E-6.
- Compatible Military Assignment 2T3XX AFSC.
- Submit all required documentation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- For positions requiring the operation for motor vehicle, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
- For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
Military Grades: E-4 thru E-6
Compatible Military Assignments: 2T3XX AFSC
Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position.
An applicants RESUME must provide, in detail, how they meet each specialized experience listed below.
It must be documented with "from (mm/yy)" and "to (mm/yy)" dates and description of the specialized experience.
If education or a degree is required as part of the "Specialized Experience", you must include transcripts.
DO NOT copy each bullet listed below word for word and place into your resume; you must describe your personal experience as it pertains to each bullet.
You will be immediately disqualified if you fail to include specialized experience in your resume.
Must have at least 24 months of Specialized Experience in each of the following:
Experience preparing job or work orders; scheduling various phases of projects into the production facility; following up to see if work is progressing as planned and arranging for adjustments in materials, machine processes, and work sequencing allowing for changes.
Experience with current automation support programs to input data, provide status of equipment, and monitor job order status, monitor work priorities, requisition repair parts, track repair parts status, etc.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience - Completion of 2 academic years of education in an accredited college or university will satisfy the requirements for GS-4 positions. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- If you would like to inquire about joining the Colorado Army National Guard please contact (720) 250-1351.
- If you would like to inquire about joining the Colorado Air National Guard please contact Recruiting Office Supervisor at 720-847-9423.
- PCS funds are not available (unless otherwise stated).
- Be advised that if selected for a military technician position where membership in a reserve component is a condition of employment, your bonus may be terminated and may or may not be subject to recoupment. Questions pertaining to recoupment may be directed to the State Incentives manager at (720) 250-1337.
- AGR positions are not announced/applied for on USAjobs. Contact your respective AGR offices for instructions on how to apply for AGR positions.
- A security clearance may be required for this position. Please contact the selecting supervisor or state security manager with questions regarding clearances. (Failure to obtain/maintain a security clearance may be grounds for termination from the Technician program.)
- Unless stated otherwise: Must be fully qualified or able to obtain AFSC within one year hire if this position is listed as immaterial against NGB compatibility requirements. If there is a compatible, required, or restricted AFSC listed in this announcement - you will need that AFSC to qualify for the position. If this position requires specific ASVAB scores, please contact the selecting supervisor with any questions.
- This position may be contingent on the vacancy of the incumbent even if not otherwise stated in this announcement. Please contact the HRO with any questions regarding hiring dates.
- Unless stated otherwise: If this position is posted as an Indefinite Technician it may be converted to Permanent without further competition. Please contact the HRO with any questions regarding employment status.
- Per ARNG-HRH Policy Memorandum #10-39, mandatory Full Time Staff (FTS) training is required within a year of hire as a condition of employment in vacancy announcements for both Technician and Active Guard Reserve positions. Failure of new FTS personnel to complete NGB prescribed courses at PEC within the first year of employment may be cause for reassignment to other full time positions or termination of their employment.
- Current COANG Technicians and AGRs hired for a position in which an MCR is required will remain in their current status unless/until the MCR is approved. In the event the MCR is not approved, they are accepting the position in their current status.
- We use E-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you are found to be a minimally qualified candidate, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
Failure to submit the required documents will be grounds for disqualification without further review
REQUIRED: A current Resume, providing name, military rank, and email REQUIRED:Specialized experience documented in your resume with mm/yy to mm/yy format REQUIRED: Your DD214 (if available) or Service School Certificate awarding you an AFSC REQUIRED: Transcripts if substituting for Specialized Experience
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10268179
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
MSgt Lesley Esworthy-Jones
CO 140 LRS 18841 E Crested Butte Ave Aurora, CO 80011 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506282200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 07/26/2018 to 09/01/2018
Pay scale & grade: GS 9
Salary: $55,027 to $71,537 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time