City of Colorado Springs Equipment Operator II in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview
Equipment Operator II
As an Equipment Operator II, you will operate light and heavy construction and maintenance equipment for Pikes Peak – America's Mountain.
Come to work for the City of Colorado Springs. Join the crew that maintains the Pikes Peak Highway!
Learn why people love to live, work and play in Colorado Springs:
ChooseColoradoSprings.com Colorado Springs is One of the Best Places to Live according to
(This information may change annually).
**The hiring salary for this position is between $3,692 and $4,433 per month.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST REGISTER YOUR CDL (COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S LICENSE) WITH THE FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse at** https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov.
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Operate and maintain a tandem axle dump truck and other equipment including skidsteer, roller, front loader, vibration roller, grader, tractor, mobile broom, and compressor
- Plow, sand, and remove snow and ice from the Pikes Peak Highway using a tandem axle dump truck equipped with sand spreaders and snow blades
- Perform daily maintenance checks on assigned equipment; add oil and other fluids; and perform minor maintenance tasks as needed
- Maintain daily records in compliance with CDL (Commercial Driver's License) requirements
- Ensure all work is performed according to applicable safety regulations, rules, policies, plans, and specifications
Ensure public safety as it pertains to the construction and rehabilitation of City properties; set up barricades and warning signs properly at job sites We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
Knowledge of traffic laws, ordinances, and rules involved in light and heavy equipment operation
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of traffic control
- Ability to safely operate assigned vehicles and equipment
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply pertinent laws, rules, and regulations
Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision Successful candidate will have
A high school diploma or GED
- Three years of full-time road maintenance and/or civil construction experience
Possess and maintain a valid, non-probationary Colorado Class B CDL not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges. *This CDL cannot be subject to O (tractor/trailer) or E (automatic only) restrictions. *(NOTE: CURRENT CDLs MUST BE REGISTERED WITH THE FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) DRUG AND ALCOHOL CLEARINGHOUSE AT https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov.) Ideal candidates will also have
Specialized training and experience operating light and heavy construction equipment
- Possess, or obtain within six months of hire, CDL air brake rider and tanker endorsement Additional Information
This position is located in Cascade, CO. Employees are responsible for their own transportation to and from the workplace and must be able to work at high altitude (14,115 feet) and in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time.
Must be able to work additional hours on short notice.
*Physical Demands: *This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally, 25 pounds frequently, and sit, stand, and walk for extended periods.
*Environmental Conditions * Primary Work Environment - Outdoors with possible exposure to inclement weather Extreme Temperature - Seasonally Wetness and Humidity - Seasonally Respiratory Hazards - Daily Noise and Vibrations - Daily Physical Hazards - Daily Mechanical and/or Electrical Hazards - Continuously Exposure to Communicable Diseases - Rarely
NOTE: This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Apply to Join Our Team
- Please visit Colorado Springs Jobs and click on ‘Apply for a City Career’ > ‘City Career Postings – Apply Now’ button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
- Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
- Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position’s closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
The City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions can be found on the website.
You can view the status of your application here.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to coloradosprings.gov/jic
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $3,692.33 - $5,186.17 Monthly
Location: Pikes Peak - America's Mountain - City of Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Classified - Full Time
Division (Level 4): Parks, Rec & Cultural Svc
Job Number: 13865
Closing: 1/25/2021 4:00 PM Mountain
Agency: City of Colorado Springs
Address: 30 South Nevada Avenue, Suite 301 Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80903
Phone: 719-385-5171 719-385-5171