Apogee Engineering G37 - Joint Exercise Planner in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Apogee is seeking SMEs for the G-37 Task to join our USASMDC Team in Colorado Springs, CO. This position provides support to the USASMDC G37 Training, Readiness and Exercise Division (G37 TREX) mission. Responsibilities planning, synchronizing, executing and assessing space operations support to USSTRATCOM, USSPACECOM and other COCOM major exercises, experiments and war-games.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you'll be doing:
- The Joint Exercise Team will coordinate directly with USSTRATCOM, GCCs, ASCCs, Corps, Division, 1st Space Brigade, Satellite Operations Brigade and the 100th Ground-Based Mission Defense (GMD) to provide required space exercise support.
- Provided Wideband and Narrowband operational and exercise expertise to joint exercise planning.
- Provide expertise in planning STRATCOM GLOBAL LIGHTNING and GLOBAL THUNDER, DEFENDER series, the 1st Space Brigade and 100th GMD major training events and additional Joint exercises using the Joint Exercise Life Cycle (JELC) process.
- Execute the exercises outlined above. This includes controlling the planned storylines and injecting the developed MSEL. The contractor shall use the JMSEL tool to inject the planned events.
- Use the Joint Lessons Learned Information System (JLLIS) tool to collect Lessons Learned/After Action Review (AAR) comments from events that occurred during the exercise.
What you'll need:
- At least 10 years relevant experience desired; Preferred Space support to operations, exercise planning.
- At least 5 years of Wideband and Narrowband experience
- At least 5 years of experience with UHF systems, constellation, and CONOPS
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Must possess strong analytical, technology, and organizational skills.
- Accuracy, timeliness, and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to work independently and meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted: November 20, 2020