Olgoonik Development General Laborer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Perform general labor duties in support of various projects.
- Provide general labor support as the project requires.
- Jobsite cleanup, trash haul, and manual material handling involving heavy lifting of construction materials.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools as needed.
- Set up and maintain job site safety equipment and fire extinguishers as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- 6 months of commercial construction experience required.
- Experience working in safety equipment preferred (fall protection, eye protection, hearing protection, insect protection, etc.)
- Experience using power tools preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of construction materials.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to pass a Basic Federal Government Background check.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current Driver’s License preferred, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to be able to stand, walk, sit, kneel, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate vehicles and some equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift 50 lbs. This position requires the ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspects of a construction project. Must be able to climb ladders for heights up to 60 feet and crawl for distances of 50 feet.
Work is regularly performed outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including snow, rain, sleet, extreme winds, or ice storms. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, hot and cold, as part of environmental factors. Work may be performed near moving mechanical parts and/or vibration. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock hazards.
Subsidiary: Olgoonik General
Location: CO - Colorado Springs
Requisition Number: 2012881
City: Colorado Springs
# of openings: 2
Employment Status: Regular Full Time