Airgas Usa LLC Branch Manager II in Commerce City, Colorado
Are you the type of Operations Professional who leads from the front? Do you have experience managing multi-million dollar budgets? Do you have a passion for helping develop your team to be the best they can be? Do you have a vision for the future and continuous improvement? Do you thrive leading both self and direct associate accountability? If you answered yes to these questions, we may have the role for you! Airgas Dry Ice is the largest wholesale dry ice distributor to grocery stores in the United States. Penguin Brand™ Dry Ice is the retail dry ice sales program of Airgas Dry Ice. We serve over 4,000 grocery stores on a direct store delivery basis coast to coast
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as a Branch Manager for Commerce City, CO (Airgas Dry Ice)
What you will do:
The Branch Manager has overall responsibility for the critical issues of branch operations, distribution, and profitability including: safety, sales, sales growth, budgeting, gross margins, operating expenses, customer service, inventory, equipment, building and vehicles, community relations, accounts receivable and resolution of personnel issues.
- Chief People Officer for the Branch. Support / foster a culture that allows team members to grow & develop individually / collectively while driving increased business & results. Recruit, hire, train, develop, coach, counsel, & discipline employees according to corporate & government policies / procedures. Drive record keeping requirements related to these activities in a timely manner to include: payroll, performance evaluations, safety training, disciplinary actions, job related training, & documentation.
- Responsible for development, implementation & strategic leadership around best practices of distribution operations, including but not limited to: routing, fuel efficiency, labor hours, inventory control, container tracking efforts. (Safety and customer service are always first priority with all decisions made.)
- Manage all aspects of safety in partnership with the organizational safety team. Foster a culture that meets the company’s goals of a safe, clean, & neat working environment to comply with
Federal, State, Local, Corporate safety & environmental regulations at all locations assigned. Ensure all product delivered meets / exceeds QC standards, following specified SOP testing methods before they leave the facility. Work with Plant Management (production) to ensure product ordering to support operations are both timely & efficient. Supervise maintenance vendors to ensure that distribution equipment is properly maintained & in good working order to ensure our customer’s requirements are met at all times.
- Directly manages the day to day branch retail operations including safety, retail sales, warehousing and distribution. Leads and manages a team consisting of office staff, Warehouse, and Drivers.
- Assists with development and execution of marketing plans to support the penetration of key market segments in collaboration with our Sales and Operations teams and outside vendors.
- Coordinates sales and infield merchandising sets of retail Dry Ice program. Manages inside sales, sales growth and sales margins.
- Collaborates with outside sales to ensure order accuracy and properly scheduled customer deliveries by Airgas trucks.
- Manages branch inventory, daily hard goods inventory cycle counts and maintain showroom and warehouse appearance.
- Manages all hard goods receiving and all dynamic deployment (hard goods inter-branch orders) for completion timely and daily.
- Leads and manages the Monthly physical hard goods/Dry Ice inventories.
- Monitors SAP reports daily such as open order/delivery reports, billing and delivery block reports and open Purchase Order (PO) reports. Provides Daily Cash Reconciliation (DCR) ensuring daily completion addressing any issues prior to deposit.
- Oversees employee training in procedural areas such as following all Airgas Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPS) and safety regulations. Partners with Airgas Safety to insure all associates are trained properly.
- Manages branch operating expenses including distribution, cost of goods, freight cost , overtime and office supplies. Works with corporate accounts receivable to manage branch credits and collections.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
What you will have:
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in sales and/or distribution of gases and welding supplies or similar industrial products and two (2) years of prior demonstrated management or leadership experience.
- Demonstrated planning skills: Identifies requirements; allocates, and effectively uses information, personnel, time, and other resources necessary for mission accomplishment; establishes appropriate courses of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific goals; develops evaluation criteria and tracking systems for monitoring goal progress and accomplishment; and specifies objectives, schedules, and priorities.
- Interpersonal skills: is aware of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings, and capabilities of others; deals effectively with others in favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of their status or position; accepts interpersonal and cultural differences; manages conflict/confrontations/ disagreements in a positive manner that minimizes personal impact, to include controlling one’s own feelings and reactions; and provides appropriate support to others.
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Suite applications. Prior SAP experience preferred.
- Role Model: Sets a good example of how to do the job; demonstrates personal integrity, responsibility, and accountability. Provides advice and assistance to help others accomplish their work. Directs/motivates self.
- Leadership skills: Establishes work standards and expectations for self and others. Appropriately assigns/delegates work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals. Keeps goals and objectives in sight at all times, monitors progress toward goals, and works to overcome barriers and obstacles. Provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required. Appropriately assesses contributions and performance of employees; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
- Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrates a clear, direct and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees exhibiting a positive attitude.
- Strong detail oriented problem-solver: Identifies existing and potential problems/issues. Obtains relevant information about the problem/issue, including recognizing whether or not more information is needed. Objectively evaluates relevant information about the problem/issue. Identifies the specific cause of the problem/issue. Develops recommendations, develops and evaluates alternative course of action, selects courses of action, and follows up.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
- Some local travel required for periodic in-field Driver observation or customer site visits
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Branch Manager II
Location: Colorado-Commerce City-80022
Requisition ID: 31996