Waste Management Diesel Mechanic - $2500 Bonus in Commerce City, Colorado
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
What we offer:
· $2500 Bonus Available!
· $5000 Tool Allowance Available!
· Industry leading Health Insurance
· Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
· 401(k) with Company Match
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· AMAZING PTO
· Provided Uniforms and Free Cleaning, Jackets, Boot allowance and Gloves
· Employee Discount Programs, Adoption Assistance program, Legal Services Plan and more!
· Paid Training and Career Advancement Opportunities!
_I. Job Summary_
Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment. Denver, CO. Denver. Denver Metro.
_II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities_
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned. * Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks. * Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. * Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment. * Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs. * Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts. * Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs). * Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns. * Conducts safety checks on vehicles. * Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times. * Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work. * Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports. * Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. _III. Supervisory Responsibilities_
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
* Education: Not required.
* Experience: Two (2) years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* If a CDL is a requirement for a specific posting, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
* Legally eligible to work in the United States.
* Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* None required.
_V. Work Environment_
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. * Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day; * Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds most of the work day; * Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often; * Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
PAYRATE: $24 / HOUR - $28 / HOUR
$2500 Sign on Bonus
$5000 Tool Allowance
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Diesel Mechanic - $2500 Bonus
Location: Colorado-Commerce City
Requisition ID: 21002388