Copper Mountain Resort CDL Driver in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: CDL Driver
Job Status: Seasonal
Bus/Shuttle drivers are responsible for driving a bus or shuttle over any assigned route, abiding by all rules and regulations set forth by Copper Mountain, Federal and State governments, and perform all trip inspections as prescribed by the State of CO and Copper Mountain, in order to provide our guests and employees with reliable, safe and timely transportation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate the assigned transportation vehicle and/or equipment in a safe and efficient manner, adhering to assigned routes and following established defensive driving practices and all rules and regulations of the Federal and State Government.
- Provide the guest, through the PA system or in person with current information on all resort services and special activities and/or events i.e., weather reports, ski conditions, current entertainment or activities, restaurant and lodging locations and an overall knowledge of the entire resort.
- Anticipate the location of 4-5 other shuttles to keep the transportation system running smoothly, while at the same time giving announcements, listening to the mountain radio, avoiding pedestrians and guests' vehicles and answering guests' questions.
- Staff shuttle stops (outside the shuttle) to provide easy access onto and off of our transportation system vehicles to include providing guests with up to the minute information on the current operating status and locations of CM services and facilities.
- Daily record keeping, to include ridership counts, time of arrival, wait time, running time, and back in service time.
- Maintain daily light maintenance and safety checks of all assigned transportation vehicles and/or equipment i.e., daily inspection of vehicle for cleanliness of seats, floors and sills; inspection of all gauges, tires, wheels, lights, chains, cords, vehicle damage and general outside appearance (land trains) and perform pre and post trip inspections as prescribed by the State of CO and Powdr-Copper Mtn. (buses).
- Report to Vehicle Maintenance Department and/or Transportation Foremen when equipment service is due or repairs are needed.
- Perform and remain proficient in all skills required of the transportation system drivers; i.e. shuttle announcements must be remembered practically verbatim and given at each stop, defensive driving skills must be practiced at all times, and a good driving record must be maintained.
- Perform all other duties which may be assigned including tire chain rebuilding and/or installation, and cleaning of vehicles.
- Always maintains a positive attitude and is helpful and courteous to other employees and guests.
- Must participate in the DOT/FHWA Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Must be honest and have the highest integrity.
- Must be able to handle and manage confidential information.
- Professional appearance. Always adheres to grooming guidelines
- Follow established policies and procedures. Is supportive of Core Values. Sets the example for others and is above reproach. Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment.
- Is flexible with hours and days of work. Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week including weekends and holidays. Prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to perform duties in winter alpine environment and be able to work outside for up to 10 hours.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test and continue to remain on active random testing list.
- Must have current DOT medical card or be able to secure within a specified period of time.
- Must report any traffic violations or suspensions to supervisor.
- Must inform supervisor of any prescription drugs taken that may impair driving ability.
- This position may require the use of a motor vehicle and the employee is subject to comply with the Driver's Standards of Copper Mountain
- CDL P2 Air brakes
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous guest relation skills preferred.
- Two years CDL driving preferred.
- Must have some winter driving experience.
- Must possess or be able to secure a valid CO, CDL License, Class B, Passenger endorsement with no air brake restriction within a specified period of time. We offer a training program.
- Must possess an excellent driving record and be able to supply proof of an excellent driving record.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled