POWDR Equipment Operator Level 3 in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Equipment Operator Level 3
Job Status: Seasonal
The Equipment Operator Level 3 is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Heavy equipment may include trucks, front-end loaders, dozers, compactors, skid steers, snow blowers and other pieces of equipment. The Equipment Operator Level 3 must also clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by policies and procedures. The Equipment Operator Level 3 must deal with residents and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner. This includes receiving complaints about schedules and levels and quality of service. The Equipment Operator Level 3 must make note of and report on any such complaints and respond in a courteous and respectful manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life
- Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant policies and procedures
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored
- Advise the Base Operations Supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Participate in routine maintenance
- Practice workplace safety
- Maintain roads and transportation systems in order to ensure safe roadways within the resort
- Ensure access to houses, water supply and waste sites
- Maintain easements
- Perform pre-winter, winter, spring and summer maintenance on roads
- Use equipment for snow removal
- Use equipment to level roads and ensure proper drainage
Guest Service Duties:
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Deal with the public in a positive, courteous and respectful manner
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Equipment Operator Level 3 -- Minimum 5+ years' experience with extensive knowledge in operating front end loaders, skid steers, dump trucks and other equipment.
- Must have a Class A or B CDL License.
- This position may require the use of a motor vehicle and the employee is subject to comply with the Driver's Standards of Copper Mountain
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- Ability to operate single axel trucks in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Client service and public interaction skills
- Team building
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to read and write to record pickups and maintain daily records
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled