POWDR Parking Foreman in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Parking Foreman
Job Status: Seasonal
Assist in the day to day supervision of staff and coordination of events during winter seasons to include parking -- in village and outer lots, traffic control, sign maintenance, and trash control with an emphasis on guest service and on the physical appearance of parking facilities. Work closely with the Parking Supervisor to orchestrate a seamless entry and exit experience for all visitors to Copper Mountain.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Coordinate with the parking operations supervisor and other foreman on daily staffing assessments in order to ensure adequate staffing in the most cost efficient manner possible.
- Supervise the transition from full parking areas to more remote areas supporting the staff's efforts to route guests as directly as possible.
- Maintain adequate supplies of change, trail maps, pens, etc. in all pay parking booths.
- Provide breaks for pay booth personnel though out the day.
- Perform daily light maintenance and repairs to all equipment, tools and vehicles assigned to the department including coordinating such repairs with the vehicle maintenance department.
- Assist in the supervision and maintenance of all parking and unload facilities to include proper signage and traffic flow patterns ensuring a consistent, safe environment for all Copper Mountain employees, residents and guests.
- Repair, rebuild, maintain, and upgrade all village fixed and portable fixtures to include trash enclosures, benches, and all village signage as needed for the parking and traffic control operation.
- Assist in the daily operation, administration, and supervision of parking crew during winter operations.
- Maintain accurate records of car counts, permits, and daily cash logs in order to insure the integrity of the pay parking operation. Work in coordination with the Colorado State Patrol to ensure adequate traffic control during peak traffic hours.
- Work with the Copper Mountain Transportation department in order to insure smooth operation and flow of the resort's shuttle system.
- Supervise the set up and staffing of the CO Highway 91 safety cone zone to maximize the convenience and safety of the Copper Community while entering and exiting the resort on high volume skier days.
Guest Service Duties:
- Properly direct the parking staff ensuring that each lot is parked in the most efficient and customer friendly manner as possible.
- Respond to and diffuse any difficult guest relation's problems and work towards achieving the highest level of guest service from all members of the parking crew.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of Powdr-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Provide training to all parking personnel. Review the performance of all parking personnel. Help to oversee the entire Parking Operations department.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Possession of a valid U.S. Driver's license.
- Required to stand, walk for long periods of time in a high alpine environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
1 year Supervisory experience.
1 year Parking experience in an Event/Theme Park setting.
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- Prefer great guest relation experience
- Cash handling
- Tourism/Resort or Theme Park operations experience preferred but not required.
- Supervisory experience helpful.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here- Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled