POWDR Rental Tune Shop Foreman in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Rental Tune Shop Foreman
Job Status: Seasonal
The Rental Tune Shop Foreman works along with Copper Rental Managers and the various rental outlets run by Copper Mountain to ensure a smooth tuning process and to maximize the quality of equipment for our Guests.
The Rental Tune Shop Foreman assists the Rental Managers with tuning and maintenance of rental skis/snowboards and bike fleet equipment at Copper owned rental facilities. These duties include, but are not limited to ensuring all equipment is up to ASTM standards, supervising equipment maintenance (waxing/tuning), making sure that all equipment is properly entered in RTP, overseeing regular cycle counts, ensuring that all staff are trained in rental procedures, confirming that all rental staff are ASTM certified and moving rental equipment based on where it is needed. The Rental Tune Shop Foreman also will oversee and help with Daily Operations of The Lost and Found, Gear Check, Day Lockers, Copper One Seasonal Locker Room, and also help with the Alpine Club.
As a member of the supervisory team, the Rental Tune Shop Foreman will be asked to participate in the development of business plans, budgeting and operational decisions, as well as work on special projects.
In addition, The Rental Tune Shop Foreman supports the Guest Services and Retail departments in his/her location as needed. The Rental Fleet Foreman may be asked to help open or close Rental/Retail/Guest Service Locations as needed.
Minimum 2 years previous rental experience in a high-volume customer-oriented environment and past tuning of ski/snowboard equipment for the rental fleet and guest preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees accurate accounting of inventories and monitors rental ski/snowboard and bike equipment maintenance and tuning of the rental skis, snowboards, bike fleet, and guest equipment.
- Initiate new projects to continually upgrade the operation and increase service to guests.
- Assist the Managers/Supervisors in training, process flow, pricing, policies, and procedures for rental locations to increase sales, effectively manage expense, and mitigate loss
- Driving and moving equipment in a Copper owned truck
- Enforces and leads by example with regards to safety, personnel accountability, and cleanliness in the workplace
- Ensures rental locations receive proper training on regulatory requirements, safety, sales, and product information.
- Provides direction to store supervisors and foreman on scheduling maintenance, tuning, and ASTM testing.
- Anticipate equipment needs based on rental projections and oversee bi-weekly equipment runs/transfers in order to maintain adequate rental equipment levels.
- Resolve any conflicts that arise due to the wide variety of situations encountered with guests in order to ensure excellent customer service.
- Help train newly hired employees on proper procedures, company policies, and products to assist with a smooth operation.
- Serve the guest by answering numerous questions and give advice in order to offer him/her the extra personal touch of customer service.
- Foster effective working relationships with key strategic partners (internal and external).
- Day-to-day oversight of all front-of-house and back-of-house rental operations in a designated zone.
- QA on service delivery, assuring high quality and consistent service to all guests.
- Maintain a positive attitude in an eight to ten hour day and on stressful high volume days in order to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure all risk management procedures are accomplished in a manner complying with ASTM. Implement all necessary procedures for documentation of rental maintenance, testing and tuning in accordance with ASTM procedures, special operating procedures, and other best practices.
- Work closely with supervisor peers from other divisions to ensure a culture of teamwork, best practices sharing, and peer to peer support.
- Support and coach direct reports to ensure the fundamentals of guest service and sales are consistent between all locations and that the teams in every location are working to create a guest environment which is "helpful, animated, and friendly" while assuring sales, service, and professional standards are being communicated and upheld.
- Attend any/all resort, divisional, departmental, and/or external meetings as needed.
- Present professional appearance and behavior at all times - lead by example, embody our service standards.
- Become a subject matter expert in all Resort Services policies and procedures and be willing & able to assist the frontline wherever/whenever required.
- Responsible for the execution of the Rental/Retail business plan, employee opinion survey action plan and budgets as they pertain to your specific locations through fiscally responsible management of all aspects of the operation under your direct supervision.
- Additional duties as they come up and any task assigned by the Rental Manager.
- Assist with the planning and design of rental ski, snowboard, and bike outlets, plus upgrades of current operations.
- Generation and usage of RTP One reports.
- All additional responsibilities as assigned.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- May oversee up to 20 employees at a given time.
- Coordinates staffing efforts with Store Managers.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Strong time management capabilities
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work long hours on feet
- Must be able to load, drive and unload equipment regularly
- Must have a valid US driver's license
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- Extensive Ski, Snowboard, and Bike tuning experience preferred
- Experience with automated tuning machines
- Experience in maintaining tuning equipment
- ASTM knowledge
- 2+ years rental ski, snowboard, and bike equipment management
- Understanding computer hardware and software, and prefer experience in the following applications:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- RTP or other Rental Management System
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled