POWDR Rental/Retail Agent in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Rental/Retail Agent
Job Status: Seasonal
A Copper Mountain Retail/Rental Agent (RA) needs to be, above all else, passionate about providing an exceptional guest experience! The RA is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, teching rental equipment, helping guests select the perfect winter gear, selling retail items, handling cash, insuring a safe guest experience and sustaining the day-to-day operations in one or more Rental/Retail locations at Copper Mountain. The RA is the frontline contact with the guest and must engage them in the most positive way possible while professionally representing the resort. This position involves dealing with a high-volume of guests and requires flexibility in being able to quickly and effectively transition between different tasks and operating outlets. The RA is expected to become a subject matter expert and be able to provide guests recommendations on additional resort offerings to improve their time at Copper Mountain. Providing accurate information, being animated, and selling the guest on products to improve their ski/snowboarding experience form the core of this position. Above all else the RA is expected to spread their passion for mountain sports to their guests!
The RA is responsible for the general flow of the rental process. The RA is required to ensure proper fit and sizing of ski and ride equipment. He/she will be trained on the technical aspects of proper binding settings, boot fitting, and sizing. The RA will be required to kneel or bend over to fit ski or snowboard boots. The RA should be passionate about skiing and riding so as to engage each guest throughout the process. He/she will also be required to manage a point of sale system in order to sell packages, register guests, and check in equipment. The RA is responsible for the proper placement and storage of equipment based on the Rental/Retail Division's standards.
The RA is expected to become an expert on winter sports gear and be able to proactively sell these products to our customers to improve their skiing/snowboarding experience. The RA is responsible for assisting with stocking and restocking retail products in the store. He/she will also be required to ensure a clean and professional presentation of retail merchandise based on standards set by the department. This job will include cleaning, folding, hanging, and refolding of merchandise.
The RA is expected to perform daily tasks such as cleaning, vacuuming, and general store maintenance as needed. Handling cash, selling products, searching inventory, running daily reports, and opening/closing registers/locations are all core job expectations. The RA will also be expected to assist other departments with basic duties as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sharing your passion for skiing, snowboarding, and other winter sports.
- Using a Point of Sale system to sell & fulfill all Rental/Retail products and offer guidance in the selection of these products appropriate to the needs of the guests.
- Agents will work with managers, supervisors, and foreman on understanding sales targets and demonstrate support for reaching goals.
- Be accountable for daily station/location open/closing: floats, cash-out monies, and closing reports -- including taking the time to resolve any over/short closing issues and providing any necessary back-up for daily transactions.
- Provide accurate information to our guests and other staff about all aspects of Copper Mountain.
- Know and be up to date on all prices, promotions, programs, events, and policies of Copper Mountain & Guest Services, and know how to find the information if not available -- using tools like CopperLink.
- Handle all inquiries and complaints, either over the phone or in person, in a professional and competent manner.
- Adhere to all company and department policies.
- Sells appropriate products as outlined by company and department policies and company standards.
- Any special tasks requested by the Manager, Supervisors, Sr. Leads, or Foremen.
- Abide by rental tech safety standards.
- Strive to continually exceed our guests' expectations & provide them with the finest mountain experience.
- Work productively in a team environment.
- Foster effective working relationships with key strategic partners (internal & external).
- Adhere to all Loss Prevention policies/procedures.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the POS system (RTP) and its effective utilization in maintaining an efficient operation. Become proficient in all other Resort Services systems.
- Daily upkeep of visual merchandising and staging and cleanliness standards in locations.
- Attend any/all resort, divisional, departmental, and/or external meetings/trainings as needed.
- Present professional appearance and behavior at all times, embody our service standards.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- The RA functions as a Copper Mountain Snow Sports ambassador, modeling and sharing the Copper "Culture" with our guests and employees. The RA must present themselves professionally and continually strive to exceed our guest's expectations. They must also strive to gain as much enjoyment and experience from working in the Snow Sports industry as possible.
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of Powdr-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Passion for skiing, snowboarding, and other winter sports
- Ability to multi-task
- Honesty and has the highest integrity
- Able to handle and manage confidential information
- Must enjoy working with and around people
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Open minded and ready to learn new skills
- Ability to independently problem solve
- Presents a professional appearance at all times
- Extremely organized and excels in time management
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Can handle a fast paced, potentially high pressure environment
- Passion for skiing, snowboarding, and other winter sports
- Must be able to physically move throughout the resort (including potentially skiing/riding on-mountain) comfortably and quickly
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to bend down and possibly be on knees several times a day
- Must be able to communicate in English fluently for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- Previous destination resort experience in a high volume, customer-oriented environment preferred
- Minimum 2 years guest service and/or retail & rental experience required
- Minimum 2 years cash-handling experience required
- Strong communication and organizational skills required
- Computer proficiency which should include MS Office and Point of Sale experience
- Previous retail sales experience
- Ability to ski/snowboard preferred OR the passion to learn
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled