POWDR Snowcat Operator Level 3 in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Snowcat Operator Level 3
Job Status: Seasonal
Provide daily grooming of ski trails and terrain features on mountain. Provide support for other mountain departments and special events. Operate and assist in light maintenance of all department vehicles and equipment. Assist with department training and recordkeeping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overtime may be required
Advanced knowledge and/or proficient ability in operation of department vehicles and implements:
Snow cat and implements
- Winch cat
- Hauling vehicles
- Renovator Operation
- Terrain shaping implements
Accountable for providing the highest quality of grooming possible on mountain trails and terrain features as directed. Able to groom or lead on any trail with any implement, in any snow condition including:
- Snowmaking dozing
- Major slope repair
- Tubing hill construction and maintenance
- Lift and maze dozing projects
- Race course prep
- Packing priorities
- Provide clear and positive communication and assistance with the Vehicle Maintenance Department for in-field troubleshooting, light repair and general maintenance of all department vehicles, implements and tools.
Possess a strong knowledge of Copper Mountain trail system including:
Recommended hauling routes and roads
- Building and lift locations
- Ski trail names, numbers and characteristics
- Egress and access routes
- Landing zones
- Back country access
- Sleigh routes
- Avalanche hazard areas
- Provide on the job training for Level I and Level II crew members.
- Provide input and support for new training ideas and updated grooming practices within the department.
- Perform accurate daily recordkeeping for all department personnel, grooming, lift dozing logs, machine write-ups and logs.
- Perform assigned duties as required to support other mountain departments.
- Strong knowledge of Snowmaking operations.
- Assist in set-up and clean-up of special events as requested.
- Able to work rotating shifts at night in adverse weather conditions.
- Apply Snow Science Theories.
- Accountable for safety and good housekeeping in work areas
- Maintain a good attitude and good attendance during scheduled work time.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Number of employees supervised: Up to 5 Crewmembers
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be in good physical shape.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to work rotating night shifts.
- Must be able to work outside in adverse weather conditions on uneven terrain.
- Good night vision.
- Must have valid US Driver's License.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years snow cat operator experience at Copper Mountain.
- Ability to Work independently.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Should be American Red Cross First Aid Certified.
- Above average mechanical aptitude.
- Able to ski or ride proficiently.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled