Performance Food Group Class A Delivery Driver in Denver, Colorado
Class A Delivery Driver
Performance Denver (1024)
Become a Truck Driver today! The primary function of this position is to drive a tractor trailer, tandem trailer and/ or straight trucks on intrastate and interstate routes for the purpose of delivering and/or unloading various products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods) for restaurants, delicatessens, hospitals, schools, nursing homes, convenience stores, supermarkets and other foodservice outlets in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation regulations. Various routes will require you to work on Saturday. Most routes allow you to be home every night! Class A CDL required
STARTING PAY $80,000 + $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
Medical, Dental, and Vision after 30 days!
Generous company matched 401K
Vacation, Sick, and Personal paid time off
Purchasing Perks and More!
Perform all required safety checks (i.e. pre/post trip) including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety standards and take appropriate action as needed. Report all safety issues and/or repairs required.
Follow all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines and policies. Immediately report any and all safety hazards.
Inspect trailer for properly loaded and secured freight. Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate and in legible fashion all required paper work associated with freight.
Drive to and deliver customer orders according to predetermined route delivery schedule.
Unload products from the trailer, transport items into designated customer storage areas. Perform damage control checks on items, scanning and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors.
Ensure that tractor, trailer and freight are appropriately locked and/or secured at all times.
Unload damaged goods and customer returns and bring to the driver check-in and complete necessary paperwork. Unload all equipment, materials and remove trash from trailers as required.
Perform general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Why work for Performance Foodservice?
• Because success starts here!
• Be a part of a team that exceeds our customers’ expectations in every aspect of our business!
• We challenge you to reach your full potential and drive those key metrics to your pinnacle!
• We foster a culture of openness and trust all while maintaining our integrity when it comes to our customers.
• We love teamwork, employee success, and encourage growth opportunities from day one.
• Here at Performance Foodservice, we lead the industry by creating partnerships and growth with our customers, vendors, associates, and community. After all, when they succeed, we succeed!
Click HERE to watch a realistic preview of the Performance Foodservice Delivery Driver job.
Address Line 1:
8001 E 88th Ave
Denver, Colorado (CO)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy at http://pfgc.com/Policy ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster at http://pfgc.com/Poster and supplement at http://pfgc.com/Supplement ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement at http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency .
• 1+ years of commercial driving experience
• Foodservice distribution industry experience
• Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e. PeopleNet)
• Customer service related work experience
Address Line 2:
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
• High school diploma/GED
• Valid CDL A
• Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
• Must be 21 years of age
• Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
• Pass pre-employment drug test
• Pass road test
• Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
• Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location
• 6-12 months of commercial driving experience