Alsco Inc Counter-Sorter in Denver, Colorado
Job Summary: The Soil Counter/Sorter handles, counts, sorts and records incoming soiled textiles from the customer. Identifies damaged or abused textiles. Prepares and transfers textiles to other departments. Performs other tasks as needed.
Open bag of soiled textiles, then sort them by type, size and color.
Count textiles manually or electronically, and transfer them into sorting systems.
Identify damaged or abused textiles and record into sorting systems.
Meet efficiency and safety standards for the position.
Follow instructions as directed by supervision.
- Work in other production positions as needed.
Recognize colors and sizes, count accurately.
Comprehend and follow direction.
Typical Physical Activity:
Physical Demands consist of standing, walking, reaching overhead, pushing, pulling, grasping, lifting up to 50 lbs. and stooping.
Physical Requirements consist of being able to meet the physical demands for the entire shift.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Production areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust. Soiled linens come from a variety of customers such as restaurants, hotels, medical facilities and shops.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Requisition Number: 18-3551
Post Date: 12/3/2018
Posting Expiration Date: 12/31/2018
Address: 5090 Cook St