Mako Medical COVID Response Team Lead in Denver, Colorado
The COVID Response Team Lead represents the face of our company to patients who come to Mako Medical, both as part of their health routine or for insights into life-defining health decisions. The TL must have a deep understanding and knowledge of established practices and procedures and creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence to our patients, customers, clients and internal leadership. TL must ensure that daily work of Patient Services Representatives is completed accurately and on time. The TL is also responsible in providing the Supervisor or with Patient, Client, Field, Compliance, Training, Metrics and Administrative support as needed in the Patient Service Territory. The TL must function as a backup to the COVID Response Supervisor and carry out duties and responsibilities in his/her absence or as applicable.
Job Accountabilities (Responsibilities)
· Collect COVID specimens according to established procedures.
· Research test/client information and confirm and verify all written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems or directory of services.
· Responsible for completing all data entry requirements accurately including data entry of patient registration; entry of test order from requisition or pulling order from database; managing Standing Orders.
· Enter billing information and collect payments when required, including the safeguarding of assets and credit card information.
· Data entry and processing specimens including: labeling, centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test order.
· Perform departmental-related clerical duties when assigned such as data entry, inventory, stock supplies, and answer phones when needed.
· Read, understand and comply with departmental policies, protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance Manual, Automobile Policies and Procedures, Employee Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual); and ensure that all staff members follow instructions.
· Perform verification of patient demographic info / initials including patient signature post-venipuncture to verify tubes were labeled in their presence and that the name on the label is correct.
· Assist with compilation and submission of monthly statistics and data.
· Complete training courses and keep up-to-date with current regulations.
· Travel to Territory Manager meeting if held off-site or off normal shift.
· Participate on special projects and teams.
· Stay up-to-date on company communications and assist with the distribution of technical information to the work group.
· With appropriate training, act as mentor and resource for new employees, assisting with transition into the work environment and the familiarity with established procedures.
· Assist with periodic inventory counts.
· Assist with the preparation of schedules for the assigned work group.
· Communicate professionally with team members to resolve or refer, and document problems, prepare problem documentation and report critical issues as they occur.
· Ensure team members are following all safety precautions by wearing a clean, button lab coat, gloves and face shield when required.
· Assist supervisors with the implementation of SOPs and the distribution of technical information and communication to the work group in accordance with Mako Medical guidelines.
· Ensure facilities are neat, clean and in good repair, take appropriate action to advise Supervisor of required repairs and maintenance.
· Will be required to act as a coach, mentor, instructor and resource advisor for new employees, as well as be the point of contact to staff on site and provide regular input to the supervisor.
· Partner with Supervisor to assist the transition process setting up new offices.
· Must be able to step in for a Supervisor and lead
· Provide input on the performance evaluations of the COVID team members.
· Ability to provide quality, error free work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work independently with minimal on-site supervision.
· Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and geriatric.
· Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
· Committed to all Mako Medical policies and procedures including company dress code
· Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise good judgment.
· Must have reliable transportation, valid driver license, and clean driving record, if applicable.
· Travel and flexible hours required to work multiple locations and required to cover at Patient Service Center/Mobile/Long Term Care/In-Office Phlebotomy locations with minimal notice.
· Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting.
· Must demonstrate superior customer focus; ability to communicate openly and transparently with peers, supervisors and patients; ability to accelerate and embrace change; and knowledge of our business.
· Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 16 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried occasionally and objects in the weight range of 26 to 40 pounds are seldom lifted and carried. Objects exceeding 41 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
· Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time; requires long hours of eye and hand coordination.
· Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with dominant hand frequently to constantly throughout the day.
· Position requires travel.
· Extensive use of phone and PC.
· Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.]
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Medical training: medical assistant or paramedic training preferred.
· Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California, Nevada, and Washington.
· Minimum seven years phlebotomy experience required, inclusive of pediatric, geriatric and capillary collections.
· 5 to 7 years in a PSC/IOP environment preferred.
· Customer service in a retail or service environment preferred.
· Keyboard/data entry experience.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Licenses & Certifications
- Phlebotomy Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)