Pep Boys Tire Warehouse Team Member I in Denver, Colorado
Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys® automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus® automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care® owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
The Tire Team Member I will provide superior customer service through safe, effective, and timely delivery of parts and tires to Pep Boys stores. This position is responsible for safely operating a delivery vehicle less than three (3) tons and ensuring the delivery load is stacked, padded, and properly secured. This position will be expected to perform additional related job responsibilities as needed and assigned such as assisting in distribution center/hub operational activities when there are no deliveries to be made. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- All aspects of properly operating and maintaining the delivery vehicle including obeying all state, county, and local laws and reporting accidents, incidents and/or violations or traffic citations
- Ensure all delivery loads are stacked, padded, and properly secured
- Verify the load accuracy against the Bill of Lading and acquire the appropriate signatures
- Load and unload product on the delivery vehicle by hand, hand truck or dolly
- Follow all policies and procedures related to product return policies
- Effectively communicate with all store associates, management, and customers.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Valid driver's license with no DUIs is required
- Ability to maintain a driving record which meets federal, state and company standards is required
- Hazmat and/or forklift certification is a plus
- Ability to read instructions, policies, procedures, bills of lading, and product descriptions is required
- Ability to complete written forms is required
- Successful completion of a drug screen is required
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Frequent standing, walking, pushing and reaching for long periods of time
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock merchandise
- May work outside and be exposed to weather
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust
- Enter and locate information on computer
- Visually verify information, often in small print
- Safely operate a motor vehicle
Reporting: General Manager
Potential Schedule: Days, Nights, Weekend, Holidays
Type of Store: Distribution Center
Job Status: Full-time
Location Number: DC110
Location Name: PBY CO Denver Tire Hub-DC110