True Value Utility Worker in Denver, Colorado
Utility Worker Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
Job ID #:4805 Location:CO-Denver RDC
Functional Area:Warehouse Department:DISTRB
Position Type:Full-Time Regular Education Required:High School Diploma / GED or equivalent experience
Experience Required:None Relocation Provided:No
A Utility Worker is responsible for performing the physical janitorial tasks of emptying trash containers, cleaning up boxes and other debris in the warehouse and operating certain pieces of cleaning machinery. Starting Wage from $12.10-$14.90.
The Utility Worker empties trash containers, throws away all boxes, packaging and debris accumulated in the warehouse, operates the sweeper when required, acts as a member of the spill clean-up team, and performs a variety of other tasks and duties as assigned.
• High School/GED Diploma or equivalent work experience is preferred
• Ability to read English and write legibly in English, and perform arithmetic functions, to the extent necessary to handle paper work, electronic equipment and to process all warehouse work.
Type and Years of Related Experience Required:
• Experience sufficient to learn and properly perform the duties of the job in a safe manner.
• Minimum of 18 years of age.
• Must have ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must have ability to work in a team environment.
• Must have good attention to detail.
• Must have the ability and be willing to learn to operate sweeper, small hand tools, pallet handlers, and hand trucks
• Must be able to work over time or on weekends and holidays when required.
• Must have ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
• Must have good attention to detail
• Must have the ability and be willing to learn to operate material handling equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
• Ability to learn new functions, processes and methodologies.
• Must successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen
• Must successfully complete and pass pre-employment reading and math skills tests which test ability to accurately perceive numbers, perform basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division); ability to solve basic mathematical problems; and ability to read and comprehend English.
• Able to work all overtime hours.
• Must be able to stand and walk 8 or more hours per day, walk 5 to 10 miles a day, bend, reach, twist and lift.
• Continually lift, handle rotate and carry from one to seventy-five pounds. Lift from the floor to five feet high.
• Normal physical agility, which includes the ability to maneuver body while in place.
• Normal physical mobility, which includes movement from place-to-place on the job taking distances and speed into account.
• Continually push, pull, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach. Able to work with hands and fingers, holding grasping and turning.
• Normal endurance to complete the essential functions of the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.