Essendant Warehouse Associate II - 4:30AM-12:30PM in Denver, Colorado
- One or more of the following critical supply chain functions that assist in delivering product to our customers:
- Inbound freight receiving
- Full case receiving stocking
- Customer return processing
- Full case order selecting and replenishment processing
- Order shipping and truck loading
- Typically requires the use of Stock Pickers, Reach Trucks, Counter Balance Forklifts and Electric Pallet Jacks.
- Ensure proper trailer docking procedures are followed; unload trailer, stage product and inspect pallets for quantity and damages; remove damaged product and validate all paperwork to the load (i.e., piece count, signatures, etc.); properly annotate discrepancies on freight bill or appropriate documents; utilize warehouse technology to verify and process freight and create receiving manifest and receipt tickets.
- Place receipt tickets on correct item(s) on pallet; sort pallet between bulk and shelf items; transport pallet or cartons to appropriate zone or location; remove carton(s) from pallet, green rack or cart and place in designated warehouse location.
- Print applicable Return Goods Report; obtain and enter return authorization number into warehouse technology and print and apply return ticket(s); inspect return item for quantity and quality assurance; clean, repackage and/or repair item (if necessary); complete necessary oral and written communication (i.e., order supplies; credit or return information); disposition item to appropriate location.
- Obtain pick label(s) and locate appropriate items and quantities; place shipping/pick label on carton and prepare carton; follow packing slip process and apply to carton as necessary; place carton/bags on conveyor or rolling equipment for transport to appropriate staging location; stock “HOT Replenishments” as needed.
- Review system and/or order to determine what is short or out at location and utilize warehouse technology to ‘look up’ alternate locations for item; if available obtain carton from bulk location or eaches from shelf location; document receipt transactions and follow warehouse technology procedures to process order.
- Unload fulfilled carton/bags and stage for shipping on appropriate pallet; apply stretch wrap to completed pallets; write appropriate information on pallet placard or shrink wrap; stage pallets and load truck; secure and stabilize cartons and pallets throughout the loading process.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment following all policies and procedures
- Active participant in our Lean Continuous Improvement culture and process.
- Understand and demonstrate Essendant's Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Highly dependable individual demonstrating key USI Values including Teamwork, Integrity, Honesty and Accountability.
- Ability to perform all required tasks within the scope of Distribution 2 to the level of established productivity required and in keeping with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules, established processes and Quality guidelines.
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe and controlled manner, i.e., box erector, tape machine, Taylor Dunn, pallet jack and walkie-rider.
- Ability to leverage appropriate technology in an effective manner in performance of the function, i.e., pick-to-voice, computer, scanner, Associate Kiosks etc.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs
- Ability to follow simple directions (verbal and written) in English.
- Ability to perform basic math.
At Essendant Inc., it is our intention to be the fastest and most convenient solution for workplace essentials. To do this, we need exceptionally talented, bright, innovative and driven employees. If you would like to be part of the team that helps unlock the potential of our customer-partners and those they serve, this is your chance to be involved. Essendant Inc. is a leading national wholesale distributor of workplace essentials, with consolidated net sales of $5.3 billion. Essendant stocks a broad assortment of over 160,000 products, including technology products, traditional office products, office furniture, janitorial and breakroom supplies, industrial supplies, and automotive aftermarket tools and equipment.
We offer an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem solving, and growth. We believe in giving back to our communities as well as others in need. We embrace diversity and believe our employees create a sustainable competitive advantage. We adhere to the high standards of Our Guiding Actions and Our Values.
High School or better
PreferredMaterial handling experience helpful
Warehouse/Distribution-related experience helpful
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Posted: July 30, 2018