Waste Management Mechanic Assistant in Englewood, Colorado
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
What we offer:
· $5000 Tool Allowance Available!
· Industry leading Health Insurance
· Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
· 401(k) with Company Match
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· AMAZING PTO
· Provided Uniforms and Free Cleaning, Jackets, Boot allowance and Gloves
· Employee Discount Programs, Adoption Assistance program, Legal Services Plan and more!
· Paid Training and Career Advancement Opportunities!
_I. Job Summary_
Works under direct supervision and follows established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks. Performs minor repairs and limited preventive maintenance (PM) on assigned equipment. Denver, CO. Denver. Denver Metro.
*II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. * Performs minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. * Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times. * Assists in the repair and adjustment of equipment. * Washes vehicles and equipment. * Conducts safety checks on vehicles. * Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work. * Assists with service calls for breakdowns. * Performs other maintenance related work as required. * Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards. _III. Supervisory Responsibilities_
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
* Education: Not required.
* Experience: No prior work experience required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Legally eligible to work in the United States.
* Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and physical.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* None required.
_V. Work Environment_
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. * Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day; * Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds most of the work day; * Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often; * Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often; Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
PAYRATE: $20 / HOUR $5000 Tool Allowance
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Mechanic Assistant
Requisition ID: 21002410