JLR Veteran Careers Jaguar Land Rover - Automotive Technician Apprenticeship in Glenwood Springs, Colorado
*The Jaguar Land Rover Technician Apprenticeship Program *is designed to attract entry-level automotive technology students to become certified as a *Jaguar Land Rover Level 3 Associate Technicians. *Selection for the program is highly competitive in keeping with the tradition of professionalism found in the Jaguar and Land Rover brands. The primary goal of this initiative is to recruit and train candidates to become brand-certified Jaguar or Land Rover Automotive Service Technicians.
The program consists of three progressive phases of training:
Phase I: Completion of 8 weeks of training at the JLR ACADEMY:
- Candidate completes an application and completes a screening process.
- Attends training and is responsible for the cost of housing.
- Interviews with JLR Retailers to be considered for employment.
Phase II: Interview for Initial employment at the JLR Retailer:
- If offered, begins working at a JLR Retailer as a full time employee.
- Receives a starter set of Snap-on Tools.
- Complete 4 months of On the Job Training (OJT) the Retailer.
Phase III: Completion of 4 weeks at the JLR ACADEMY:
- Retailer Employer is responsible for Compensation and training costs for the Apprentice.
- Apprentice is certified as a Level 3 Associate upon successful completion of final assessments.
The Jaguar Land Rover Automotive Service Technician core job description (After formal training & OJT):
- Supports day to day workshop operations.
- Completes work orders including details of repairs completed and parts required.
- Tests vehicles appropriately and effectively and provides accurate diagnostic reports to the Workshop Supervisor.
- Interprets and uses technical data and instruction provided by the manufacturer (e.g. using the TOPIx system)
- Conducts routine service work on vehicles brought into the workshop.
- Removes and installs vehicle components in accordance with the manufacturer’s methodology.
- Carries out vehicle health checks and identifies areas of concern.
- Carries out preparations for new vehicles.
- Ensures correct materials, tools and measuring devices are used against JLR specifications outlined within repair procedures (TOPIx).
- Ensures any faults have been reported and noted on job cards and informs the Service Manager/ Workshop Supervisor of any additional faults not covered in the scope of the repair threatening delay of completion.
- Ensures all work is completed to manufacturer standards and rules.
- Maintains tools and equipment and checks the calibration and general condition of workshop equipment in line with company policy.
- Disposes of waste in accordance with regulations.
- Works with colleagues from the Service department on work orders and to identify opportunities to upsell additional products and services in relation to servicing, maintenance, parts, accessories and vehicles.
- Supplies accurate information to the Parts department for the ordering of parts.
- Maintains a professional manner and high standards of personal presentation at all times, ensuring that work area and protective clothing is kept clean, tidy and in a safe condition in order to uphold JLR and retailer standards.
- Adheres to legal, environmental, and health and safety requirements whilst ensuring the safety and security of people, vehicles and property at all times, reporting any known faults or hazards
Qualifications, Experience and Capability Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited Automotive Vocational Programs, at minimum of one year duration. Candidate must provide proof of the successful completion of one year or more of full-time formal education. Transcripts are required.
- Valid driver's license and a clear driving record.
- Ability to pass the following pre-employment screening requirements (drug screening, credit score, Motor Vehicle record report and a background investigation)
- Be able to provide a minimum of three good work/school references, with current contact information.
* *Must be able to:
- Operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery safely.
- Drive a manual transmission (for road tests).
- Read and comprehend technical instruction.
- Lift up to 100 pounds unassisted and operate hoist and test equipment.
- Sit, bend, stoop and/or stand for extended periods (up to 8 hours or more)and kneel, crawl, bend, reach, push, pull and maneuver in a shop environment safely and as needed.
- While most shops have a controlled climate and are well ventilated, must be able to work in an environment that may have exposure to: Petroleum products, dust, hot or cold temperatures, loud noises, strong odors (exhaust fumes) and assorted other distractors.
- Manual dexterity in both hands and the ability to manipulate small objects.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with the public.
- Must be willing to complete mandated online training, as assigned during initial interview and screening process.
- Must be willing to accept a minimum 12 month employment obligation upon hiring.
Apply Online: www.jlrvets.com
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Job Code: JLR - GLENWOOD SPRINGS1703
Retailer: JLR APPRENTICESHIP
City: JLR - Glenwood Springs