MillerCoors Delivery Driver - Training in Golden, Colorado
Auto req ID:
1. Product Delivery & Relationship Management (70%)
a. Complete the assigned route with a Trainer in a safe, accurate and efficient manner in varying weather conditions and challenging environments (i.e., stairs, curbs, docks, tight parking lots)
i. Navigate the city by reading addresses or utilizing a map
a. Learn how to safely drive a Tractor Trailer.(Drive Test must be passed within 90 days of your hire date.)
b. Learn, embrace and perform to the expectation of the CDC Delivery 6 Pack of Performance guidelines.
c. Learn to execute quality of service stated in the 6 Pack of Performance in accounts including:rotation, stocking shelves, building displays, and organizing products
e. Present a professional attitude and appearance when interacting with Retailers
f. Maintains strong working relationships with Retailers and internal partners
2. DOT & Safety Compliance (20%)
a. Learn and follow all DOT pre/post trip procedures
b. Must comply with Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) laws and regulations along with Coors Distributing Company Policies and Procedures
3. Load Management (10%)
a. Understand the importance that your assigned truck has the proper inventory before leaving and returning to the warehouse, you and your trainer are accountable for all products and/or checks associated with inventory.
· Must be able to communicate effectively and in a positive manner while representing Coors Distributing Company while in the market with store owners, workers and customers.
· Must have the ability to seek out process improvement and identify cost savings opportunities and present those ideas to his/her supervisor in a constructive and positive manner while providing solutions and recommendations.
· Must be a team player and willing to be flexible with routes, schedules and work assignments as laid out by your supervisor
· Must be willing to communicate with supervisor and comply with expectations around checking in and status updates.
· Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign/reassign duties & responsibilities at any time.
11872BRDelivery Driver in TrainingUnited States Coors Distributing CompanyGoldenCoors Distributing Company is one of the nation’s leading beer distributors based out of Denver, CO. We are the critical link between our brewery suppliers that produce the beer and the retail outlets where they are sold, as well as the restaurants and bars where they are consumed. We were founded in 1971 and became a MillerCoors LLC in 2008 as part of the joint venture between Miller Brewing Company and Coors Brewing Company, and we remain the only company owned distributor for MillerCoors. Major brand acquisitions occurred in January of 2010 making Coors Distributing Company one of the top 25 largest beer distributors in the country with over 30 suppliers, roughly 14 million cases per year, and over 375 employees. Some of our suppliers include: MillerCoors, Constellation, Heineken USA, New Belgium Brewing Co, Pabst USA, Mark Anthony’s, Oskar Blues, Boston Beer, and Sierra Nevada, just to name a few.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent required
· Requires a valid Colorado Commercial driver’s license (Class A) and current DOT physical card
· MVR must fall within the MillerCoors Pre-Employment Background Screening Guidelines
· Effective problem-solving skills with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent communication, customer service, conflict resolution and listening skills
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as retailers
Must be able to read, write, and speak effectively in the English languageMust be physically capable of handling and delivering between 500 and 1,000 30 lb. cases every day and be capable of lifting up 165 lbs. consistently on a daily basis.
Funtional Area (example: Brewery Operations, Marketing, Sales, Finance):
The purpose of this position is to train and develop the skills and competency required to become a CDL Class A Delivery Driver for Coors Distributing Company. Learn how to do a proper Pre-Trip/ Post-Trip inspection while being taught to drive a commercial truck. Learn to safely and efficiently deliver the company’s products (cases and kegs) to retail accounts from a commercial truck. Grow and develop skills to work with minimal supervision. Develop skills to help solve problems with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment. This position is subject to varying start times/days and all work must be completed daily.
The “trainee” will be expected to obtain a Class A Permit within the first 30 days of employment (failure to do so will result in termination of employment). Drive time will be provided thereafter with a licensed Class A driver to support and build the skills to help prepare for the Class A CDL test. A Class A license must be obtained within the first 90 days of employment. If the trainee doesn’t not pass the test to receive the Class A license, the trainee will have an additional 30 days from the date of the failed test to successfully pass the test. Failure to pass the test on the second attempt will result in termination of employment. Aside from the practice drive time provided to the trainee during work time, all steps will be taken on the trainee’s own, personal time. Reimbursement for expenses related to obtaining the permit and license (drive test, permit issuance fee, license issuance fee) will be considered for reimbursement after 6 months of successful employment.
Upon successful receipt of the Class A license and performance is in good standing and meeting all company and performance expectations, the trainee will become eligible for an increase in pay to the Class A Delivery Driver pay rate and route assignment.
MillerCoors is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in our employment and personnel practices. Applicants are considered for all employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.