Vail Valley Jet Center Aviation Service Technician - Seasonal in Gypsum, Colorado
Seasonal (November - April) with the potential to become regular full-time
Full-time 30+ hours / week and some overtime may be required
The Vail Valley Jet Center is a top ranked aviation service company in one of the most spectacular resort destinations in the world. We provide unsurpassed quality service to our customers, handling everything from logistical challenges to basic aviation ground support. Our customer focused team is made up of leaders in the aviation industry who make the Vail Valley Jet Center a world class FBO.
Do you have a passion for airplanes? Do you like variety in your work day in the outdoors? Come join our flight support team as an Aviation Service Technician.
Why you should apply:
Opportunities for on-the job training
Full health insurance package
Fun place to work
Have you ever wanted to learn to fly? We also provide a one-hour complimentary introductory flight for new employees.
• Fueling jet aircraft and piston engine aircraft
• Sump trucks to check for water and solid contaminants daily
• Wing-walking aircraft and motor vehicles
• Assist Ramp Concierge with the loading of bags
• Walk around from aircraft to aircraft and ask each customer if there is anything we can do for them
• Receiving jet, aviation and auto fuels from tanker trucks
• Perform ramp service requests, Lavatory Service, Vacuum Service, and Ground Power Units and windshield service
• Perform Millipore test for solid contaminants for quality control
• Perform Hydro test for suspended water in fuel
• Quality Control of fuel
• Perform daily inspections on all equipment
• De-ice equipment and snow removal
• Knowledge of Base Customers and their aircraft restrictions and / or specific hangars
• Wave all aircraft out
• Extended hours for customer After Hours requests
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee must be available to work weekends, holidays and overtime when workload increases.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; run; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and \ or move up to 55 pounds above the head. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and night vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or GED
Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required
Must be able to obtain and maintain an airport security ID badge
Extensive training is provided
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment and random substance testing. Must be 18 to be considered.
Vail Valley Jet Center is based in Gypsum, Colorado. This is a great place to live because, the area offers the beauty of the mountains, countless recreational opportunities, accessible and abundant arts and cultural opportunities and much more.