Vail Health Coordinator, Materials Management 8331 in Gypsum, Colorado
To us, it’s about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
- Oversees all shipping and receiving as it relates to assigned hospital geographic location and is an expert resource/liaison for Materials Management requirements. Evaluates and responds to critical need for all stock and non-stock items for the Pyxis and non-PYXIS locations. Assists to determine need and provides PAR analysis for other locations. First point of contact for problem solving as it relates to the Materials Management department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee the receiving of supplies and equipment for the hospital and clinics following set departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains schedules for personnel at specified Facility.
- Ensures staff execution of all daily tasks.
- Ensure delivery logs, supplies, and equipment are ready for transport to the hospital and clinics and develops a logistical plan for distribution.
- Oversee the receiving of stock and non-stock items at designated location.
- Performs Pyxis and inventory analysis making recommendations to order more supplies as needed.
- Communicates all fall outs that need supervisor assistance.
- Notify buyers and vendors of any shipping errors.
- Assist the buyers to fill orders for the Pyxis machines in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversees annual and semi-annual inventory audit to ensure cycle-counts are done in a timely manner.
Special projects as assigned.
Role models the principals of a Just Culture.
Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
2 years hospital experience with inventory management, medical supplies, and/or storeroom experience required.
Current, valid driver's license and ability to pass Vail Health's Department of Motor Vehicle Report criteria required.
Computer / Typing:
Microsoft Office knowledge preferred. Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.