Lockheed Martin Logistics Engineer Asc in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Does the thought of helping to create and support state-of-the-art solutions for the innovative products that directly integrates with Lockheed Martin Skunkworks™ excite you? The Command and Control (C2) Ground Systems business area supports multiple programs and additional study and Independent Research and Development (IRAD) efforts. Command and Control (C2) Systems develops highly reliable shelterized and fixed facility systems. These systems demand integration of high-end Commercial-of-the-Shelf (COTS) and custom hardware, interfacing to complex communications systems, and support demanding environmental conditions in fixed-facility and transportable configurations.
Responsible for the following:
- Supporting Logistics Lead for all aspects of Operations and Maintenance in support of field activities through full system life-cycle.
- Capable of executing on the successful completion of major programs and functions in an individual role.
- Helping develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Answering all critical path action items assigned by lead in meetings and assisting other team members as required.
- Learning to interpret standard contractual documents, technical data, customer usage data, maintenance practices, operation characteristics, and related reports for assigned contracts to determine spares provisioning or maintenance repair requirements.
- Assists in the development of maintenance engineering and logistics support.
- Maintaining adequate knowledge of Department of Defense systems and possesses the ability to implement and manage stock control and inventory processes.
- Participating in Quarterly Logistics Working Group meetings;
- Participating in the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes, such as the replenishment system, data interchange systems, demand management, electronic data systems administration and related functions by implementing processes and procedures.
- Performing planning, scheduling, and coordination for the movement of materials and equipment (Classified and Unclassified) to support logistics requirements to remote locations.
- Utilizing the Automated Logistics Management System (ALMS) and other databases to account for receipt, inventory, and shipment of all program material.
- Interfacing with vendors for procurement as well as Global Supply Chain Management in order to gather shipping specifics, tracking, and delivery of parts and equipment to include information.
- Maintaining and demonstrating knowledge of the logistics elements as required.
- Demonstrating ability to review drawings and technical manuals and submit recommended changes in support of sparing analysis.
- Assisting in collection of performance metrics and supportability, assessment measures for review by upper level management.
- Identify and recommend cost effective solutions to resolve DMSMS issues; research and identify material obsolescence issues. Participating in Engineering Change Boards, SPARR meetings, Time Compliance Technical Order (TCTO) and Service Bulletin (SB), Proposals, reviews field support requirements
- Interest in pursuing a career within the logistics domain.
- Knowledgeable on Microsoft applications and familiar with property accountability and inventory control.
- Knowledge of and experience with databases
- Strong communication and written skills
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education. Entry level.
- Experience in a position within the logistics domain.
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Excellent customer relationship/liaison skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College