Lockheed Martin Program Planner (early career) in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Did you ever think that you would be able to impact programs that put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, or that develop national defense systems? Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we’re accelerating tomorrow’s breakthroughs to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee. Space values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
Lockheed Martin Space in Littleton, CO is looking for an early career Program Planner to support the next generation GPS III (Global Positioning System) satellite program. More than ever, now is a great time to join the GPS program. Get involved with the opportunities to not only help shape the future of this program but be a part of a proven team as we prepare for the first launch of the next generation of GPS satellites. On the near horizon is a potential to start up a new set of GPS satellites and with it, key experiences for a new program setup and execution in the exciting area of space. GPS III uses the next generation of technology to provide secure and accurate capabilities for the U.S. military and is considered one of the nation’s highest priority space programs. This is an ideal opportunity to grow and develop your career in Program Planning and Program Management. If you are enthusiastic, a self-starter, and eager to learn in a fast-paced environment we want you on our team. We focus on individual and team growth in all areas of program planning that continue to make the job exciting with a wide range of new learning opportunities. Come join the team and help us shape GPS as a primer path for all of Lockheed Martin Space enterprise planning.
For this planning role we seek someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, leads by example, and has the uncanny ability to influence and foster collaboration and teamwork that generate impactful results. As a member on this team you will be responsible for the following:
• Plan and manage detailed schedule networks from design, assembly, test, and into operations
• Interface with Engineering, Finance and Business Operations, partner with Subcontracts and Program Management while working with the entire planning team to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline
• Develop and maintain compliant Integrated Master Schedules which accurately and comprehensively validate contractual scope, work flow, and resources required to execute the program
• Work with cross-functional teams to drive progress and performance, monitor changes and status, proactively seek workarounds when needed and facilitate communication between stakeholders
• Assist in negotiating handoffs between product areas regarding technical content and schedules as well as facilitating workaround planning as required
• Serve as a liaison by maintaining, publishing, and presenting relevant planning and scheduling information and metrics to provide visibility and communicate potential issues to management and engineering
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin Space.
Desired Skills: • Bachelors degree with 3 years of relevant, professional experience or 1 year of experience with a Masters degree
• Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel Experience
• Strong influencing and relationship skills
• Familiarity with Earned Value Management (EVM)
• Ability to work independently as well as part of an integrated team
• Ability to liaise with, speak and present effectively to personnel at all levels of the organization
• Strong communication and relationship management skills
• Demonstrated ability to compile, prepare and present information to management and customers
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Strong sense of follow-up and closure with strict attention to detail and quality
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.