Lockheed Martin Program Planner (Mid-career level) in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we’re accelerating tomorrow’s breakthroughs to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee. Space values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
Lockheed Martin Space in Littleton, CO has an excellent mid-level Program Planner opportunity to work within the Special Programs organization. Special Programs has an excellent track record of stable programs with highly evolving technical requirements that drives subcontract changes on a regular basis. Special Programs has developed a significant number of future leaders with a wide variety of engagement programs and challenging work to develop individual potential. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your planning/scheduling skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future on our Program Planning team!
This is an ideal opportunity to advance your career in Program Planning and Program Management. If you are enthusiastic, a self-starter, and eager to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment we would like you on our program planning team. Existing knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) business rhythms and program planning will help you jump right in to managing an element of the existing integrated master schedule, working to maintain a compliant Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) which accurately and comprehensively validates contractual scope, work flow, and resources required to execute the program. Responsibilities will include:
• Work to establish and coordinate business rhythms required to accomplish program control
• Utilize applicable project management tools and metrics to communicate schedule impacts and proposed work arounds to applicable stakeholders, as well as perform impactful schedule analyses
• Interface with a variety of program functional organizations such as engineering, procurement, contracts, business management and program management while working with the entire planning team to translate customer requirements into the program baseline
• Program planners work with cross-functional teams to maintain and coordinate vertical and horizontal schedule integration between supplemental schedules, the Integrated Master Schedule, and the Program Summary Master Schedule
• Perform Critical Path analysis on schedule networks
• Serve as liaison by maintaining, publishing, and presenting relevant planning and scheduling information and metrics to provide visibility and communicate potential issues to management and engineering
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Familiarity with all aspects of the schedule management life cycle (development, baselining, status and analysis)
• Critical Path management knowledge and experience
• Schedule network logic knowledge or experience
• In depth understanding of business concepts and processes
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Microsoft skills: Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must have or be able to obtain a TS/SCI w/ Poly clearance
• 5-8 years of prior Program/Project Planning experience
• Earned Value (EV) Management knowledge including cost/schedule integration
• Experience in the execution of Program Performance Management (PPM) processes
• Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) development and maintenance in Microsoft Project
• Bachelor's Degree Preferred
• MS Project Server experience
• Schedule metrics
• Merge network experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.