Woodward Inc LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR in Loveland, Colorado
The Logistics Supervisor I reports to the Supply Chain Manager, Operations Manager or Director of Manufacturing (or equiv) and is responsible for the preparation of all necessary paperwork and the coordination of all necessary activities required to package and ship materials and products required to satisfy customer requirements.
The Logistics Supervisor may also be responsible for the proper handling of incoming products through the receiving docks, and stocking and handling of products. The Logistics Supervisor I is also required to work directly with the freight carriers to ensure compliance with Woodward freight initiatives and policies.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining departmental and individual goals and performance measures.
- Aligns individual and team/departmental goals to support overall organizational goals.
- Coordinates work load requirements and work scheduling with teams.
- Develops, reviews and maintains staffing requirements.
- Responsible for annual performance evaluations, member development, discipline and terminations.
- Responsible for interviewing and selection of new members.
- Responsible for managing all day to day activities to ensure the logistics departments meet the performance goals (SQDRC: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Responsiveness, Cost).
- Provide training to members and provide support and expertise in logistics functions (e.g. system transactions in WISE, CINCOM or SAP).
- Responsible for maintaining training plans (e.g. Job specific, ISO, QS, FAA, Certifications, etc) and ensure members certifications and training requirements are kept current as required for position.
- Ensure members adhere to all work instructions and quality requirements.
- Basic knowledge of the Six Sigma processes and the ability to apply Six Sigma principles to production process for continual improvement and operational effectiveness.
- Responsible for managing budget, indirect labor expenses, purchase orders, etc.
- Actively motivates direct reports and team/project members.
- Works with moderate guidance and supervision from leader or more senior level peers.
- Communicates and supports the message of WLES (Woodward Lean Enterprise System) and PLC (Product Life Cycle) to his/her members.
- Clearly communicates and advocates the vision, strategies, alignment grids for Woodward, Business Group, Functional Area to his/her members.
- Collaborates with others on continuous process improvement and cost reduction plans.
Logistics Specific Functions
- Prepares required documentation for sales for interplant, drop shipments and vendor shipments.
- Reviews customer orders for contract, PO, source activities requirements
- Ensures compliance with Woodward logistics/freight initiatives and policies through collaboration with the Legal Compliance Office.
- Ensures compliance with government requirements (i.e. ITAR, SOX, international standards, etc) governing shipping procedures
- Provides leadership for shipping of hazardous materials by certified members.
- Develops work instructions addressing the functions of the departments they supervise.
- Collaborates activities across internal and external groups (e.g. Operations, Sales, Logistics, Global Supply Chain, Carriers).
- May coordinate activities of 3rd Party Warehousing (3PL) or distributors
- Monitors all site incoming, internal and outgoing logistics, to ensure compliance with Woodward guidelines and to maintain minimum costs.
- May help support members in logistics areas based on workload, absences of members, etc.
- Monitors availability of packaging suppliers and expense items for receiving, stocking, picking and shipping functions.
- Ensures that packaging for the storage of detail components, customer owned inventory and shipment of products to customers meets Woodward and/or Customer specifications and procedures.
- May require overtime, weekend and night shift work
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management skills.
- Solid knowledge of business computer systems and PC tools (e.g. WISE, SAP, MS Office, Customer Portals).
- Ability to quickly learn processes, equipment and tools used in specific areas of responsibility.
- Ability to analyze and present information using data.
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Basic negotiation skills.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement activities through strong team-building and problem-solving.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize day-to-day activities and issues within functional area.
- Ability to delegate effectively and follow through on assigned tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to deliver presentations in a comprehensive and professional manner to department and peers.
- Understand the aspects of the lean (WLES) and PLC. Communicates and supports the message of WLES and PLC to his/her members.
- Basic problem solving skills.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Basic knowledge of logistics compliance requirements (e.g. SOX, international standards, ITAR, etc).
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to motivate teams and resolve member related issues.
Education or Formal Training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two or Four year degree in related discipline desired.
- SOX training required, within 1 year.
- Must obtain and maintain Woodward fork truck license, if required.
- Must hold a valid driver's license in some locations.
- Specific logistics ITAR training required (if applicable in location)
- Hazardous material handling training (required)
- Previous leadership experience required (e.g. direct leadership, team lead, mentoring, projects, etc).
- Previous logistics experience required or 4 year degree in related field of study will be considered.
Materials and Equipment Used
Working Environment/ Physical Activities
- Manual dexterity: usual office conditions
- Physical work: requires negligible physical exertion. Physical demands are lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, climbing, standing and sitting the majority of the workday. Uses hands to clutch, grasp, carry and perform data entry up to 75% of the day.
- Working conditions: Ordinary office, warehouse, ship or field conditions. Exposed to noise level common to the over-all facility.
- Hazards: Little or no exposure to hazardous conditions.
- May be required to travel domestic or international.
- Shipping and receiving of compliant hazmat material.
Woodward offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $62,000.00 - $72,000.00
Sick Time / Short Term Disability / Bereavement / Adoption Assistance / Vacation / 401(k) Match
Stock Contribution after 2 years / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program
Long Term Disability / Member Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Member Optional Life
Spouse/Child Optional Life / Optional AD&D / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
Home Auto Insurance / Whole Life Insurance / Critical Illness Insurance / Legal Plan / Military Leave
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Pandemic Leave / Variable Incentive Plan / Vacation Buy-up
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Loveland
Schedule: FULL TIME
Shift: 1st Shift / Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 1, 2021, 2:20:51 PM
Req ID: 2100956