JLR Veteran Careers Automotive Service Technician - Guaranteed OEM Training in Superior, Colorado
The Jaguar Land Rover Technician Careers Program is designed to promote the hiring of qualified Automotive Vocational School graduates. Selection for the program is highly competitive in keeping with the tradition of professionalism found in the Jaguar and Land Rover brands. The primary goal of this initiative is to recruit and train candidates to become brand-certified Jaguar or Land Rover Automotive Service Technicians. Candidates must meet the requisite qualifications, experience and capability requirements, and be willing to attend a three-week long in-resident instruction and certification course upon hiring.
Hired Technicians must further be willing to make a long-term commitment to their respective Jaguar Land Rover Retailer Employer.
The Jaguar Land Rover Automotive Service Technician core job description (After formal training & OJT):
- Performing assigned work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing repairs, if authorized by Service Consultants (for customers).
- Coordinating with the Parts Department to ensure availability of parts.
- Saving and tagging parts if under warranty or if requested by Service Consultants (for customers).
- Examining the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notifying Service Consultants if additional work is needed or if repairs/work cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Documenting work performed as directed by Service Consultants.
- Road testing vehicles to ensure quality of repair and ensuring vehicles remain clean.
- Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and attending factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keeping the shop area neat and clean and remaining accountable for all tools used.
- Understanding and complying with federal, state and local regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other policies, procedures and programs as required.
- Wear appropriate PPE, to include safety glasses. Maintaining safety awareness at all times.
- The Service Technician will be required to work closely with others or independently, if needed.
- Dealership uniforms are required.
Qualifications, Experience and Capability Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited Automotive Vocational Programs, at minimum of one year duration.
- Valid driver's license and a clear driving record
- Ability to pass the following pre-employment screening requirements (drug screening, credit score, Motor Vehicle record report and a background investigation)
- Candidate must provide proof of the successful completion of one year or more of full-time formal Vocational Technical Automotive Training in a private institution completed within the past five years. Transcripts are required.
- Completion of at least three years of experience in an automotive environment.
- Be able to provide a minimum of three good work references, with current contact information.
Must be able to:
- Operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery safely.
- Drive a manual transmission (for road tests).
- Read and comprehend technical instruction.
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and operate hoist and test equipment.
- Sit, bend, stoop and/or stand for extended periods (up to 8 hours or more)and kneel, crawl, bend, reach, push, pull and maneuver in a shop environment safely and as needed.
- While most shops have a controlled climate and are well ventilated, must be able to work in an environment that may have exposure to: Petroleum products, dust, hot or cold temperatures, loud noises, strong odors (exhaust fumes) and assorted other distractors.
- Manual dexterity in both hands and the ability to manipulate small objects.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with the public.
- Must be willing to complete mandated online training, as assigned during initial interview and screening process.
- Must agree to sign a third-party release for the purpose of sharing all candidate application and screening information with Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (JLRNA) and/or its affiliated Retailers.
- Must be willing to accept a minimum 12 month employment obligation upon hiring.
For additional information Contact:
JLR Fast Pace Program *O:(571) 403-3275 Andrew.Phillips@calibresys.com*
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Job Code: JLR - SUPERIOR2222
Retailer: Land Rover Flatirons
City: JLR - Superior