Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manager, ITS-IBP Transportation & Warehousing in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging delivers more than just a cold drink. We take pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
Since the aerosol can revolutionized consumer products in the 1940s, Ball has refined and improved the technology to suit today’s needs. We recently developed a new metal alloy that reduces the weight of our aluminum aerosol cans by as much as 15%. We also breathed new air into aerosol technology with the introduction of our next generation of tinplate aerosol packaging, which is helping us meet and exceed our customers’ growing expectations.
Metal food packaging has set the standard for freshness and preservation for well over a century, and we continue to push boundaries and innovate in this sector. What excites us most is the sustainability advantages that metal packaging provides. It is one of the most environmentally friendly and economical forms of packaging.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
Purpose of Job:
The Global Transportation and Warehousing IT Manager will lead, develop, and implement both global transportation and global warehousing IT strategies that leverage internal and external best practices. This leader will work directly with business senior leadership and other key roles within Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Operations. This will entail assisting the Regional IBP Transportation and Warehouse business owner(s) with creating, implementing, and maintaining leveraged best practices processes globally and aligning to external best practice or emerging technologies. Additionally, the Global Transportation and Warehousing IT Manager will identify and implement standard IT Technologies and processes to support the business IBP Transportation and Warehousing processes, including global data collection, global analysis, and global reporting processes and will continuously evolve our overall process to meet current and future business needs. The Global Transportation and Warehousing IT Manager will run global projects that have been identified as delivering business benefit, and will ensure project completion and execution of their direct reports.
- Lead the establishment and execution of both the Global Transportation and Global Warehousing IT processes for the entire company, ensuring all facets are consistent, standardized, and aligned with overall business objectives and Global IT Strategy.
- Work closely with Regional Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Strategic Business Unit leaders to ensure that the appropriate data is available and accurate to be reviewed at the appropriate Transportation, Warehousing and/or IBP process meetings, both regionally and globally.
- Establish global standards, recommend, and implement standard and leveraged IT tools and data to ensure visibility to metrics in support of both Transportation & Warehousing department key performance indicators (such as, put not limited to: Freight profitability, customer profitability, transportation cost, warehouse network design and performance, material flow efficiency, shipment & load analysis, customer fulfilment accuracy, other KPI performance metrics, etc.).
- Serve as a liaison between the marketing/development, sales, and finance teams on product life-cycle management initiatives and their link to both Transportation and Warehousing processes.
- Establish a both Global Transportation and Warehousing analysis and communication process as an output of the various regional activities, communicating key conclusions to stakeholders.
- Document, share, and implement "best practice" methods, processes, and ideas across the supply chain.
- Remain current on Transportation and Warehousing and IBP best practices and evolve processes accordingly.
- Develop new and/or improved tools to ensure timely measurement, reporting, and visibility with Transportation and Warehousing to all cross functional stakeholders.
- Manage a team of Global Transportation & Warehousing IT specialists.
- Accountable to run and execute global programs and projects within the IBP Organization.
- Understand and adhere to our customer's dynamics, service expectations, goals, and initiatives as they relate to improving value for the Customer.
- Continuously pursue opportunities to improve routing operation and improve department results.
- Demonstrated capability in building highly performing teams and developing talent
- Strong understanding of the purpose of an IBP process, Transportation process, and Warehousing process and how they are executed, and how an integrated successful strategy will benefit the business.
- Strong understanding of the strategic, tactical and operational levels of Key Business Processes for the end-to-end Deliver process.
- Demonstrated ability to develop business strategies.
- Deep understanding of supply chain dynamics in order to expose tradeoffs and options across business functions including Sales, Marketing and internal/external supply chain.
- Relationship skills sufficient to develop a network of collaborative colleagues in multiple geographic regions and multiple organizational units.
- Ability to influence organizational executives to commit adequate resources to support the IBP and Transportation and Warehouse process and partner with executives and key functional resources to maintain a high level of resource engagement, ensuring effective process execution.
- Communication skills sufficient to coach and help others to connect to the importance of efficient transportation and warehousing assumptions and how they enable or limit supply chain responsiveness.
- Prioritization skills sufficient to evaluate large amounts of data and apply appropriate business environment context to select a small number of high priority issues / opportunities that deserve immediate attention or escalation within the organization.
- Leadership capabilities sufficient to develop and implement new business processes and standard tools relying on resources that report to other functions.
- Passion for excellence and driving continuous improvement.
- Ability to lead and achieve goals through influence versus direct supervision.
- Ability to run global programs and projects and drive to completion.
- Passion for problem solving: Able to tackle new and unfamiliar tactical and strategic problems.
- Analytics: Must have a strong quantitative background, an intuitive grasp of data.
- Good collaboration, teamwork, and leadership qualities. The position will be working with a varied group of stakeholders, each of whom brings a different perspective and skill set to any given problem.
- Authentic desire to engage and help, but willingness to stand ground when necessary.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented to handle in-depth projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in the area of Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations or other quantitative business discipline.
- Transportation management experience of 7+ years
- International logistics experience of 3+ years
- Customs and legal familiarity on worldwide shipments
- Familiarity with ERP systems & Transportation software
- Knowledge of the 3PL business
- Certified Logistics professional, Six Sigma Black, or APICS certification a plus.
- 7+ years Global Supply Chain & Operations work experience, minimum of 1 year of people management experience.
- Program and/or project management skills.
- Ability to travel globally 25%.
- This position requires flexible work hours and availability to collaborate with customers within Asia, Africa, Europe, South America, and the US.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Manager, ITS-IBP Transportation & Warehousing
Job ID: 664103
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time